Addiction doesn’t discriminate. It can happen to anyone, and some people become very good at hiding it. Consider that approximately 13.6 million workers have current drug or alcohol use disorders, including hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals. Even though the stereotypes might have you believing that drug addicts are homeless and jobless, this is not always the case.
Since addiction affects everyone differently, it’s important that treatment services are personalized to each client’s unique needs. It may take some trial-and-error to find what works for a client, but this approach ensures they get the individualized attention they need.
Let’s learn more about individualized treatment programs and why they are important to a complete recovery.
Levels of Care in Addiction Treatment
There are five levels of care in addiction treatment. Some treatment centers offer several of these levels, while others focus on only one or two. The various levels make it easy to choose a level of care that matches the severity of your addiction.
- Level 0.5. Early intervention services are designed for at-risk individuals who haven’t been diagnosed with a substance use disorder yet.
- Level 1. Outpatient services require about 10 hours a week of group and individual therapy.
- Level 2. Intensive outpatient services or partial hospitalization services require more frequent meetings, usually around 20 hours a week.
- Level 3. Residential or inpatient treatment programs require clients to live on-site for more intensive, around-the-clock treatment services.
- Level 4. Medically managed intensive inpatient services are reserved for severe addictions and require 24-hour treatment and monitoring.
Importance of Individualized Addiction Treatment Services
Many treatment centers offer individualized treatment programs, as they have proven to be the best approach to recovery. These programs put the client in a position to succeed while addressing their unique challenges and goals. Aside from increasing the chances for a successful recovery, here are some other benefits to choosing an individualized rehab program:
- Address the physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual needs of each person
- Find prescription medication that the body responds to
- Identify which therapies the individual responds to – cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, EMDR, trauma therapy, etc.
- Treat underlying mental and physical health disorders like anxiety and depression
- Provide the client with the tools and resources they need to prevent relapse
How to Find Personalized, Comprehensive Treatment for Substance Use Disorders
Spearhead Health understands the importance of treating each person as a unique individual. We recognize that there is no one-size-fits-all solution for everyone, and we are committed to helping clients find the best treatments and therapies for their needs. Together, we can help you find your path to healing. Contact us today to learn more about our case management services and how they can support your journey to recovery.