Traveling to facilities or between programs has always posed a high level of risk.
Often these moments are very challenging to both individuals and their families. When individuals are first traveling to a Detox or Inpatient setting after a period of active addiction, there tends to be an attitude of excess up until the point of entry. This can pose many risks to the individual or loved ones attempting to help. Equally dangerous are the times where an individual leaves a treatment setting to move into aftercare or a new environment and hasn’t practiced using the tools of recovery enough to habituate into stress tolerance. For both of these scenarios it helps to have qualified individuals who are trained specifically to deal with these exact situations.
Our Travel Companions will travel or arrange travel to any destination and provide oversight ensuring that the individual reaches the desired location. It is important to use qualified professionals when conducting a Transport.
- Conflict Resolution/ Motivational Interviewing
- Discretion and Social Grace
- Travel Protocol and Procedure
- CPR and First Aid Training
- Hygiene and Safety Protocols
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Narcan Training
- Clear and Defined Chain of Command
- Confidentiality and HIPAA-Compliance Practices